A record breaking day for the school on Friday 18th and Saturday 19th May saw 29 individual athletes and 5 relay teams compete in the Ulster School’s Competition, achieving one of the best set of results in the school’s history.
- Matthew Corr – 1st in the Intermediate Boys High Jump
- James Wright – 1st in the Intermediate Boys Javelin
- Tori Hopkins – 1st in the Minor Girls 800m
- Etain McGuckian – 1st in the Minor Girls 100m
- Alice Rodgers – 1st in the Intermediate Girls 100m and 200m
- Jonathan Cochrane –1st in the Triple Jump
- 1st in the Minor Girls Relay
- 1st in the Junior Boys Relay
- 1st in the Intermediate Boys Relay
- Jordan Millar – 2nd in the Junior Boys (Year 10) 200m
- Craig Simpson – 2nd in the Intermediate Boys (Year 11&12) 400m
- Jonathan Cochrane - 2nd in the Intermediate Boys Long Jump
- Joseph Mawhinney – 3rd in the Intermediate Boys Discus
- Adam Kirkpatrick – 3rd in the Senior Boys Discus
- Katie Agnew – 3rd in the Intermediate Girls 1500m
Overall the athletes collected a total of 16 medals
- Gold medals - 10
- Silver medals - 3
- Bronze medals – 3
Minor Girls were named as second overall in Ulster.
The Intermediate Boys were crowned overall champions in Ulster for their age group, winning the Ulster Schools Athletics Cup, which, since it was first awarded in 1949, Ballymena Academy has only won once before, back in 1968 - 50 years ago!
Report thanks to Mr. Johnston
Photographs thanks to Mr. Thompson and Matthew French